We are blessed to offer childcare during Masses, Adult Education classes and other parish events at Transfiguration. It is so important to be fed spiritually, and this is especially true for all those hoping to pass on the beauty and truth of our faith to their children. To ensure the safety and well-being of both the children in our care and our wonderful nursery staff, we are conscientious in following state law, archdiocesan policy and parish rules for childcare. We have found that it helps us all to know what those standards are so that we can work together to see that your children are safely cared for so that your spiritual needs can be met.
Nursery During Masses
Nursery is available for children 6 months through preschool age during the Sunday 8 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. Masses on a first-come, first-served basis. Hope to see your little ones soon!
Did You Know?
- Our childcare is offered free of charge for parish events scheduled outside of our weekend Mass times, but donations are welcome any time!
- Our childcare team can care for children as young as 6 months and ranging up through elementary school. Our room is primarily geared to preschool age and younger, so please consider the needs and interests of older children when signing up. Teens often can volunteer alongside our adult staff, especially to earn service hours; if your teen is interested, please contact Karla!
- Any individual child may be watched in our childcare up to 4 hours in any given day and up to 10 hours in any given week.
- We must have two safe environment certified adults in the room at any time while children are in our care. In addition, we must meet certain ratios for appropriate coverage based on children’s ages; we must have one nursery worker per every 6 children, unless the children aren’t yet walking, in which case we then need one worker per every 4 children. This is part of why it is important to list the ages of your children whenever you sign up for childcare.
- The maximum capacity of our nursery is 24 children.
- In order to offer childcare for any given event, we must have at least 3 children or two families signed up 48 hours in advance of the event taking place. As you might imagine, the hourly cost of two childcare workers for one family doesn’t make good sense when the cost of paying a babysitter privately would be half (or less). We aim to find a sensible balance in serving our families and being good stewards of parish funds.
We hope our parish’s nursery offering will continue to be a blessing for years to come!
Interested in working in the nursery?
We always welcome new folks that love working with children. All childcare staff must be safe environment certified through the archdiocese, including a background check. Please contact Karla to find out more and get started.