Seekers: Preschool & Kindergarten Travelers: Grades 1-3 Voyagers: Grades 4-6
Preschool and Elementary Education Program, OUR GREAT JOURNEY Information
6th Grade Journey Classes use Sadlier’s religion series, We Believe: Project Disciple. This series introduces a three dimensional approach to religious education; We Gather, We Believe, We Respond as Jesus’ disciples. The content and presentation of doctrine in this series is based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church as well as Scripture and the Rites of the Church. Sadlier’s website, www.sadlierreligion.com/webelieve engages Catholic families at home as well as providing children’s activities.
Kindergarten through 5th Grade Journey Classes use the Loyola Press series, Finding God. In this series, the content is presented to the classes so to Engage, Explore, Reflect, and Respond by providing rich context, images, prayer, and activities to draw the children into a deeper experience so to better express their faith. Families can engage in further home study and activity by visiting www.findinggod.com.
In addition to the curriculum, students participate in Prayer Services, Music, Perpetual Adoration and Service Opportunities. Each grade level focuses on learning one of the Prayers of our Faith and also the vocabulary of our Catholic faith, with the Word of the Week.
Several class times during the week are offered to better serve our families:
- Sundays 8:20 a.m. to 9:35 a.m. for Kindergarten through 6th grades
- Sundays 10:00 a.m. during Mass: Preschool 3, Preschool 4 and Kindergarten
- Sundays Noon during Mass: Preschool 3, Preschool 4 and Kindergarten
- Mondays 4:00 p.m. to 5:15 p.m for Kindergarten through 5th grades
- Mondays 6:00 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. for 1st through 6th grades and for the Introduction to the Catholic Faith Classes for 3rd through 8th grade
- Wednesdays 4:00 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. for Kindergarten through 5th grades
- Wednesdays 6:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. for 1st through 6th grades (ChrisTeen classes for 7th and 8th grades are also provided at this time.)