CHILDREN, TEENS & ADULTS GROWING IN FAITH
Welcome to Transfiguration Parish Religious Education Program; also known as OUR GREAT JOURNEY! We are dedicated to providing quality programs based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Scripture and Church Tradition.
We offer opportunities to learn more about our Catholic faith for 3 year olds to adults. Click the Information for Parents expander for uploaded calendar, handbook, prayers and words of the week.
We are very excited to announce some BIG improvements to Religious Education/ Faith Formation. WE WILL NO LONGER BE PREP OR PEEP... BUT "OUR GREAT JOURNEY." We are all on a journey to learn about God, our Catholic Faith and how we are to live His love.
- Re-designing first floor hallways to be interactive. The classroom hallway will tell the story of Salvation history. The design flows from our prayers at Mass to learning and living our faith and God's promises fulfilled.
- Change in lighting, classrooms are being painted, new furniture coming.
- Center-based learning - over the course of two years; beginning with grades 1, 2 and 3, the curriculum will be delivered in blended center-based approach, allowing learners to engage how they learn best. The catechist will introduce the topic and then students will explore various centers to continue learning and interacting with the topic.
- Grade 8 curriculum delivery will also be enhanced combining large group and faith group time.
WHAT'S THE SAME?
The curriculum is still comprehensive and designed to support family religious education and to present concepts, theology and opportunities to know Jesus in a systematic, age-appropriate scope and sequence.
For all journeyers to learn, know and live our Catholic faith
Join the Journey! How YOU can help..
- Click HERE if you can help lead our disciples as a teacher, office staff, nursery, carpool, building reception.
- Mural Painting, for those talented with blending, August 2-4, 6-10, 9:30 am - 3:00 pm, contact Joyce,
- Classroom Painting, for those talented with trim and rolling, click HERE, click AQUÍ, to select when you are available. We have many times/days available and are hoping to finish the classrooms before July 14.
- Financially help with paint and framed art print costs, click HERE, click AQUÍ.
Please click on the GREEN button below to register for 2018-19.
Please click on the Adult Faith page for programs and classes offered! We also offer Catechist Certification Classes. Everyone is invited to journey!
Thank you to Cat Doyle for the Witness for Jesus Christ logo & www.carlygallagher.com for Our Great Journey logo.
May 6 - Diocese —
a geographic area led by a bishop.
(A diocese, from a Greek term meaning "administration". A diocese is divided into parishes, under the supervision of a bishop. An Archbishop or Cardinal is the usual leader of an archdiocese; a very large diocese in terms of Catholic population, and it is usually based in a large metropolitan area.)
Many adult groups are meeting , evenings, mornings.. find the group and time that is best for YOU. Click HERE.
Mourning & Hope meets 1st and 3rd Thursday's,
7:30 PM, for those struggling with grief.
ChrisTeen T-Shirts are in. They are super soft, 100% organic, Fair Trade shirts. They run small, we recommend sizing up. $15 each. Stop by the ChrisTeen Office or order and pay online. Click HERE.
To register your Kroger Plus Card, go to www.krogercommunityrewards.com. Please select
CHRISTEEN. Everytime you swipe your plus card,
ChrisTeen can earn $ for our Retreat Scholarship Fund.
Contact Melisa, .
Thank you for supporting the young Church!
News Flash... our quarter earnings were $123.34.
Thank YOU to the 79 households who registered their Kroger card to ChrisTeen!
Please remember to re-enroll your card. This program DOES NOT interfere with fuel points.
Many, many Adult Faith opportunities
June Partners in Faith
2018 Summer Activity Calendar
Catholic Update Digital Subscription
Kroger Community Rewards
Elementary (Grades Kindergarten-6)
Monday: 6:00-7:15 pm (Grades 1-6)
Wednesday: 4:00-5:15 pm (Grades K-5)
Wednesday: 6:30-7:45 pm (Grades 1-8)
Junior High ChrisTeen (Grades 7-8)
Wednesday: 6:30-7:45 pm *
*(8th grade meets in the Family Life Center)
OCI-High School – students attend both sessions:
Sunday: 8:00 am - Mass dismissal
Sunday: after dismissal until 10 am - Class
BRITE – Elementary/Jr High Wednesday: 6:30-7:45 pm
BRITE – High School and Young Adult Sunday: 4:30-5:45 pm
Monday through Thursday: 9:30 am to 3:30 pm, Friday: 9:30 am to 2:30 pm and during all regularly scheduled PREP classes
Sunday mornings during scheduled classes: 8:15 am to 1:30 pm