PEEP (Preschool and Elementary Education Program)
VBS: June 19-23
Classes will resume on August 13
Have a Great Summer Break!!
Check out the new ministry for families with elementary school age children: Rooted Families in Faith. Click here to visit their facebook page and learn about their summer events.
Vacation Bible School
June 19-23, 2017
9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Each Day
Thank you to all the volunteers who made this year's Vacation Bible School a huge success!!
The Kindergarten through 3rd Grade PEEP Classes use Sadlier’s religion series, We Believe: Project Disciple. This series introduces a three dimensional approach to religious education; We Gather, We Believe, We Respond as Jesus’ disciples. The content and presentation of doctrine in this series is based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church as well as Scripture and the Rites of the Church. Sadlier’s website, www.sadlierreligion.com/webelieve engages Catholic families at home as well as providing children’s activities.
The 4th and 5th Grade PEEP Classes use the Loyola Press series, Finding God. In this series, the content is presented to the classes so to Engage, Explore, Reflect, and Respond by providing rich context, images, prayer, and activities to draw the children into a deeper experience so to better express their faith. Families can engage in further home study and activity by visiting www.findinggod.com.
In addition to the curriculum, students participate in Prayer Services, Music, Perpetual Adoration and Service Opportunities. Each grade level focuses on learning one of the Prayers of our Faith and also the vocabulary of our Catholic faith, with the Word of the Week.
Several class times during the week are offered to better serve our families:
- Sundays 10:00 a.m. during Mass: Preschool 3, Preschool 4 and Kindergarten
- Sundays Noon during Mass: Preschool 3, Preschool 4 and Kindergarten
- Mondays 4:00 p.m. to 5:15 p.m for Kindergarten through 5th grades
- Mondays 6:00 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. for 1st through 6th grades
- Tuesdays 4:00 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. for Kindergarten through 4th grades
- Tuesdays 6:00 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. for 1st through 6th grades and for the Introduction to the Catholic Faith Classes for 3rd through 8th grade
- Wednesdays 4:00 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. for Kindergarten through 5th grades
- Wednesdays 6:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. for 1st through 6th grades (ChrisTeen classes for 7th and 8th grades are also provided at this time.)