Preparation begins at least six months to desired wedding date. Prior to scheduling a date, a couple must attend the Introduction to Marriage Preparation session (scheduled once monthly on a Saturday morning). Please call Linda Rega to register for this session.
- Initial Preparation Session
- FOCCUS and review
- Four (2 each) Freedom to Marry Affidavits
- Bride Form and Groom Form
- Permission/dispensation required if either the husband or wife is not Catholic
- Engaged Encounter
- Baptismal Certificates
- Meeting with Presiding Priest or deacon
- Meetings with a Marriage Sponsor Couple
- A date cannot be set until the couple has attended the initial session.
- In addition to the preparation requirements listed, in some instances premarital counseling may also be required.
- If either the husband or wife has been married before:
A copy of the death certificate is required if a prior spouse is deceased.
- If a previous marriage ended in divorce, an annulment is required.
Archdiocese Vocations Office
2401 Lake Park Dr. S.E.
Smyrna, GA 30080
For sacraments taking place at other Catholic churches (not Transfiguration), you will need a Sponsor Letter (also called a Certificate of Eligibility). Contact Cindy in the Records Office: 770-977-1442 ext. 127 or .
After office hours, and in the case of an emergency, call 678-939-9985
Any person who is about to be hospitalized for surgery or diagnostic testing is encouraged to make arrangements to celebrate this sacrament. Also, anyone who has a chronic emotional or physical illness may be anointed every 30 days, unless there is a change in the disease; then the sacrament may be celebrated again, as the changes occur.
Note: For funeral planning, contact the Liturgy and Music Department