Initial Preparation Session
- RE-FOCCUS and RE-FOCCUS review
- Two (1 each) Freedom to Marry Affidavits
- Bride Form and Groom Form
- Permission/dispensation required if either the husband or wife is not Catholic
- Workshop (if deemed necessary by Presider):
o Marriage Encounter or
- Baptismal Certificates
- Meeting with Presiding Priest or deacon
- Copy of Civil Marriage License
- A date cannot be set until the couple has attended the initial session.
- In addition to the preparation requirements listed, in some instances premarital counseling may also be required.
- If either the husband or wife has been married before:
o A copy of the death certificate is required if the prior spouse is deceased.
- If the previous marriage ended in divorce, an annulment is required.